Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tim Gunn: The Natty Professor by Tim Gunn

Let me begin by saying, I love Tim Gunn!  Does that make me biased in this review?  Probably, but I don't care.  I love Tim Gunn.  He is the quintessential example of what a gentleman should be...actually what we should all be.  This book was his take on teaching.  What it means to be a good teacher, and just as importantly, a good students.  The best teachers never really stop being students.  His approach was anecdotal and often humorous.  I love that this was not a so-you-want-to-be-a-teacher handbook, but more that we all find ourselves in the role of teacher, mentor or student during our lives.  How can we be effective, inspiring, and motivating, while letting our students, or children, or employees, or whomever find their own voices?  He told of his failures, as honestly as his successes.  Sigh.  Did I mention I love Tim Gunn?

No comments:

Post a Comment