Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed, 336 pages

I'm not a fan of survival stories so resisted reading this book.  However, my sister told me I needed to watch the movie, which I did and really liked so I gave the book a shot.  I listened to it and I'm glad I did.

Cheryl Strayed decided to hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 1995 when she was 26 because her life was a mess.  Her life spiraled out of control after her mom, Bobbi, died when Cheryl was 22.  Her mom was only 45.

Parts of the book were difficult to listen to because her life really was a mess and she had gone through some horrible situations.  The horse . . . oh my.

But, this book was ultimately uplifting because you know what?   She was able to do this difficult trail and get past her past so she could get on with her life.  So, thumbs up from me and Happy Trails, Cheryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment