Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter 511 Pages

**I want to start by saying that this is a very dark, disturbing novel. Parts were EXTREMELY difficult to read, so this is definitely not for the faint-hearted.**



All of that aside, I devoured this book. Karin Slaughter quickly jumped to the top of my “Favorite Authors” list after reading The Good Daughter. I laughed out loud, cringed, cried (even full-on ugly cried at one point), and felt like my heart was breaking while reading this one. This book completely sucked me in, in the best way. The prologue alone had my heart pounding so hard that I contemplated not continuing the novel.  

Teenage sisters Charlie and Sam experience a life-changing tragedy in their home that scars them literally and figuratively for the rest of their lives. Flash forward almost 30 years later, and another horrific event, once again, rattles their small town. This forces Sam to return to the town she swore she’d never come back to, and Charlie finds herself right in the middle of the drama, in the ultimate wrong-place-wrong-time scenario. Secrets quickly come to the surface, and the girls are forced to face the present situation, and their past, head-on.

I seriously cannot praise this book enough. Like I said, it’s extremely disturbing in some parts, but it was a fantastic read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment