Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Welcome to Wonderland: Home Sweet Motel by Chris Grabenstein 284 pages

I really like Chris Grabenstein.  He's an excellent author for middle grade books. Having said that, I have to tell you - DO NOT listen to this book.  Rather, let me ask you, do you think you'd like listening to Casey Kasem as a young person read an entire book like one long top 40 list?  No?  Well, neither did I.  It was distracting and horrible.  The story itself was something about an imaginative kid who loves making up stories trying to save his family's hotel (and home) from being taken from them, but the reader was so difficult to suffer through, I can't even tell you if it was a decent story in and of itself.  On the bright side, it is only 4 discs long, which is why I stuck with it.  Knowing Grabenstein, it was probably really funny and enjoyable, but yikes.  If you love Grabenstein, grab this book, but read it with your eyes and not your ears!  You've been warned.

I listened to it read by Bryan Kennedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment