Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins 289 Pages


I was pleasantly surprised with this one. While it was a very generic horror story, it was a quick and fun read if you're interested in the horror genre. This book definitely reminded me of the Scream movies- a little bit cheesy, but enough scary moments to keep me interested. I am not a fan of gore, and there were parts of this that were really pushing me to my limit in that aspect. 
 Makani moved to Nebraska to get away from her troubling past, but finds herself in the middle of something more sinister than what she was running away from. Someone is killing off her classmates one by one, and the police are having a painfully hard time figuring out who the culprit is. I genuinely enjoyed Makani and Ollie, and found myself rooting for them early on. I also really loved the friendship between Makani, Ollie, Darby and Alex- it reminded me of the kind of group of friends I wish I had had in high school.  I was a little disappointed with how quickly you find out who the killer is, and the reasoning behind the murders was a little lackluster in my opinion. There was romance tied into this story, which I didn't mind, but would have if there was any more added in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment