Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Martian by Andy Weir 435 pages

My friend insisted that I had to read this one.  I am so glad she did!  The Martian has skyrocketed into one of my favorite books of all time. Okay, basic premise, an astronaut is accidentally left behind on Mars (the rest of the crew thinks he's dead) and he has to figure out how to survive as long as possible, maybe even until the next mission to Mars scheduled four years out.  You won't believe how engaging and enthralling this story is!  Watney, the astronaut, is seriously funny.  His sense of humor is one of the things that saves him, I think.  Seriously, I don't want to give anything away, just trust me and put this on your list to read!  I listened to it read by R. C. Bray and he was phenomenal.  What a fabulous story! 

1 comment:

  1. The movie is good. Have you watched it yet? I have no idea how closely the movie follows the book because I haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete