Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware, 354 Pages

I'd heard mixed reviews on this book, so I was anxious to read it and see what I thought. The plot was really good, and made the book have great potential... but I found the main character so annoying. She was frustrating to read about, and made it difficult for me to finish the book. Luckily, the plot held up and I was able to finish. I also didn't like that I knew who the antagonist was basically from the beginning. I prefer a book that keeps me guessing until the end!

Nora and Clare were childhood best friends. Their friendship seemed like a friendship that would last a lifetime, until certain events happened that caused Nora to walk away from her life and start over. Ten years later, Nora receives an email invited her to Clare's hen/bachelorette weekend. Nora decides to take a chance and go, hoping this is her chance to start putting the past behind her. But, upon arrival, things start to go horribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment