Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Leaving by Tara Altebrando, 432 Pages


This was another book I found on my “Best YA thriller” google lists. It’s also been on my mile long “To Read” list I have going. Honestly, this book was a major disappointment for me. It had so much potential and just really fell flat for me. I found it weird, for a lack of better words. And not a good weird, if that makes sense.
Every parent’s worst nightmare became reality for six families over a decade ago. A group of kindergartners disappeared from their school in broad daylight. Now, the town is still trying to find normalcy in the aftermath, when five of the children suddenly return. Upon the joyous reunions, all five realize that they have no memories from the last decade, including what happened to them, or who took them. They also have no idea who Max is- the sixth child that still hasn’t returned. They are all forced to work together to unfold the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment