Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Breakdown by B.A. Paris, 336 Pages

B.A. Paris is one of my favorite authors on the planet. Her books leave me desperately wanting more. The Break Down was unfortunately the last book she's written that I had yet to read, so I've been painfully putting it off for a while, as I didn't want to be done with her stuff yet! But, I gave in and checked it out the other day, and as usual.... it was fantastic! The Break Down kept my on the edge of my seat. I found the main character unlikable but it luckily didn't change my opinion on the book overall.

While driving home from a dinner with friends, Cass decides to take the shortcut she promised her husband she wouldn't take due to the horrible storm. While on the shortcut, she notices a car stopped on the side of the road with a woman inside. Cass finds herself pulling over to see if the woman needs help, but decides against it when the woman doesn't even acknowledge her being there. She continues home with doesn't think about it again until the next morning, when she hears on the local news that a woman was found brutally murdered in her car on the shortcut. Cass realizes that the woman she saw the night before is the one who died, and the guilt she feels for not approaching the car and doing more is seriously effecting her every day life. She's forgetting things, receiving sinister phone calls where the caller doesn't speak a word, and constantly feels like someone is watching her. Is Cass making all of this up in her mind due to the stress and guilt she feels, or is her life really in danger?

No comments:

Post a Comment