Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Petty, the Biography by Warren Zanes 323 pages

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers seem to have been the background music to my life for as long as I can remember.  I have always admired them and thought they were a fabulous band, even more so for the man himself, Tom Petty.  I guess I never gave much thought to what brought that voice, honest and subtle in its way, to the forefront.  So few bands can balance the egos like the Heartbreakers.  If you listen to their songs, everything is there doing exactly what it should.  There are no overbearing guitar riffs, no fancy drum work, and lying right on top is Petty's voice - smooth and full of character without forcing it down your throat.  I loved learning about the early years of Petty's life and the rise to fame.  I have even more respect for what Petty brought to American music.  I highly recommend this one for anyone who loves biographies, especially if they also love Tom Petty!

No comments:

Post a Comment