Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Body in the Woods by April Henry 263 pages (2016-2017 Truman Nominee)

I have to confess this is my 1st April Henry book.  It seems that recently we have had a lot of requests for her books, so I decided to see what the buzz was all about.  I have to admit I liked this book.  Three somewhat misfits teens have volunteered for a Search and Rescue Unit. As fate would have it, while searching for a lost hiker, they discover a dead body, a teen girl, strangled.  Ruby loves, okay, is obsessed with solving crimes.  Not only that, but she has near perfect recall.  She and her team, Alexis, who lives with her bi-polar mother and is almost homeless, and Nick, whose father was killed in Iraq, set out to solve the crime.  Meanwhile, the murders continue.  Will the police believe their theory, or will they have to save one of their own?  

This is the 1st in a series so expect more good mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment