Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Winter by Marissa Meyer

Winter is the last book of the 4 1/2 part young adult science-fiction series that features different fairy-tale inspired heroines.

Winter is the step-daughter of Levana, the quite nasty queen of Luna (the moon.)  Winter is more beautiful and much kinder than Queen Levana, but she is going insane because she refuses to use the power most Lunar's have, mind control.

Queen Levana orders Winter's prince charming Jacin, a  palace guard, to kill Winter.  Ah, Sleeping Beauty!  We also still have the other fairy tale heroines introduced in the earlier books, Cinder the cyborg who is the true Queen of Luna, Scarlett (Red Riding Hood) and Cress (Rapunzel.)  Each of the princesses also have their Prince Charmings.  All are working together to overthrow the tyrant Queen Levana and get Cinder on the throne.

This was a fun series but would have been more fun if I was 15 and not 49.  I spent a fair amount of time rolling my eyes through this epic last book in the series.  I won't be recommending this series to my adult friends but think my younger self would have totally dug it.

No comments:

Post a Comment