Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hard Going by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles 236 Pages


I do love a good mystery. Strangely enough though I don’t care for all  the violence or gore. Just tell me there’s a body and a mystery to solve and I’m good. Which is one of the reasons why the Bill Slider series is one of my favorite police procedurals. That and the strong focus on the characters and their interactions with each other, the author’s command of the English language, the laugh out loud humor and the complex plots.
In this latest offering, DI Bill Slider of the Shepherd’s Bush Metropolitan Police has to solve the murder of Lionel Bygod a retired solicitor who spent most of his time helping others and who seemingly didn’t have an enemy in the world. But things are rarely what they seem and the deeper they dig the more suspects they uncover and the more secrets are revealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment