Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen 252 pages



Rebecca Winter was once a famous photographer with a full life in New York City, but now finds herself with reduced income, living in a rented home in the country.  She is responsible for her aging parents and for her son and is not sure how she will make ends meet. How she copes with the change from city to rural life, the new people she meets, and the associations she discards along the way, make a good story.

This book is the sixth book by Anna Quindlen that I have read. Usually I enjoy her characters, and her dialogue is almost always impeccable.  However, I felt that the beginning of this book was mired down by a lot of description which was hard to slog through, before the meat of the story and her writing skills shone through. 


This was not my favorite of her books but I would still recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment