Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Bark by Lorrie Moore 192 pages



Lorrie Moore’s book of short stories, Bark, is one I might try to get my hands on, to reread every couple of years.  The stories are thought-provoking and full of great details and dialogue.  It seems to be the sort of writing that would reveal new twists and possibilities every time one reread a story.

In one story Moore refers to a “rat king”.  I learned something from that, something I did not know about and which I might have lived a long time, happily, without ever gaining knowledge of it existing.

One of her characters says of regrets, “unless you have a life of great importance, regrets are stupid, crumpled-up tickets to a circus that has already left town.”   Just one of many things I like about her writing.


I would highly recommend this and other books by Lorrie Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment