Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Princesses Behaving Badly by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie, 288 pages

The full title of this book is "Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories from History Without the Fairy-Tale Endings."  I downloaded this audiobook from Missouri Libraries 2 Go on a whim.  It looked like a fun book and I enjoy history.   

The book provides mini-biographies on many royal women throughout modern and ancient history.  It is well-written and in an irreverent voice that I really enjoyed.  The author begins by stating she wrote this to counteract the Princess Culture that is so prevalent today thanks to all the Disney princesses.  She wanted to tell the stories of real women, who did not, for the most part, live "happily ever after."  I might have checked this out on a whim, but I'm happy I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment