Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner, 400 pages

"Fear Nothing" is the 7th Detective D.D. Warren book.  I found author Lisa Gardner last year, with a push from Carolyn Cunningham.  We'd just gotten a batch of new audiobooks in at the Downtown Library and I selected one to checkout and Carolyn told me I also needed to listen to the Lisa Gardner book.  Since that time, I have listened to all of Lisa Gardner's books that I can find.

D.D. Warren is a tough female homicide detective in Boston.  In "Fear Nothing" she is injured on the job after returning to a gruesome crime scene after dark.  She has no memory of what happened, but is unable to return to work due to the injury.  The crime harkens back to a long dead serial killer, Harry Day.

The other major character in the story is D.D.'s pain doctor, Adeline Glen, who happens to be the daughter of serial killer Harry Day.  Adeline has a rare genetic condition that makes her unable to feel pain.  Adeline's sister, Shana Day, is also a notorious murderer who seems to know something about this new killer.

I thought a couple of times towards the end that I was going to be disappointed in the outcome.  I was wrong.  Lisa Gardner has produced another great suspense story.

No comments:

Post a Comment