Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pilate's Cross by J. Alexander Greenwood, 187 pages

The library book clubs are reading "Pilate's Cross" this year.  Last year, the author who lives in Kansas City, asked us to consider it for the clubs.  We did and we purchased them.  This is the first book in a series about John Pilate (pronounced like an aviator, not the exercise.)

In this story, Pilate is beginning a job in the English Department at a small college called Cross which is off of Highway 9, near the Missouri River.  He soon becomes embroiled in a decades old crime that happened on campus in 1963.

I enjoyed the story and the writing.  I read somewhere that this is based on a real events so I'm eagerly awaiting J. Alexander Greenwood's visit to the East Hills Library on April 12 so I can get more details.  Two more books have been written in the series and I'm hoping we'll add those to our collection at the library.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I look forward to meeting you and fellow mystery fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either until the author comes to EH. My book club and I tried without success to find the crime it was based on. We all enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete