Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Sacrifice Fly by Tim O'Mara 307 pages

"Sacrifice Fly" is Tim O'Mara's debut novel.  I had read his second one, "Crooked Numbers" and enjoyed it so much I decided to read this one.  Raymone Donne teaches in a middle school in Brooklyn.  His students have to deal with lots of issues at home, so Raymond does all he can to help them at school; includind calling in some favors to get Frankie Rivas a baseball scholarship to a Catholic High School.  Trouble starts when Frankie quits showing up for class and Raymond decides to track him down and save his scholarship.  In the process, Raymond finds the body of Frankie's murdered father.  Now Frankie and his sister are missing. I know some truly dedicated teachers,  but WOW!  Raymond goes above and beyond, putting his life in danger to find his student.  Lots of twist and turns and an ending I could not have guessed.  I read this in one day! This is a recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment