Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Just One Evil Act by Elizabeth George 719 pages

Elizabeth George is one of my favorite authors but I almost didn’t read Just One Evil Act because Detective Sergeant Barbara Havers is my least favorite character, I didn’t want to wait 700 pages to find out who the killer was and I had too many other books to read. But it’s Elizabeth George and I have to say I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed one of her books so much. The daughter of Barbara’s friend and neighbor is kidnapped in Italy and Barbara and Inspector Lynley work together and at odds to bring her back. But Barbara is too close to the situation and puts her job, her life and her friendships at risk to save the girl. I loved traipsing around the Italian countryside but I wasn’t too fond of all the Italian since most of it wasn’t translated and I had to guess what was going on. It was easier to just skip over it. When the denouement came with still hundreds of pages left I was at first surprised and then delighted. I really didn’t want it to end.




No comments:

Post a Comment