Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen, 294 pages

I could hardly wait for this book.  Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorite authors and while I am a true believer in waiting my turn and checking out books from the library as opposed to buying them, I splurged and purchased a copy from audible.com the day it came out.  And I'm glad I did.

Sarah Addison Allen has written another magical story, though this time she's left North Carolina.  Lost Lake is in Suley, Georgia and is a rundown resort owned by Eby Pim, who has just decided to sell it.  At the same time, Eby's great niece, Kate, has just awoken from a year of grief and decides to visit Lost Lake with her daughter Devin.

There is a wonderful cast of quirky characters and gentle magic dispersed throughout the story.  Sit back, relax, breath deep and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment