Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani, 338 pages

Adriana Trigiani is one of my go-to authors.  She tells a great story, though I find some of her stories to be depressing.  I am sorry to say this book was in the downer category.
This is the 3rd book about Valentine Roncalli, the Angelini Shoe Company and Valentine's extended Italian-American family.  Valentine fell in love with an Italian-Italian in the last book and marries him (Gianluca Vechiarelli) in this volume.
I just didn't feel Trigiani invested much in writing this last book in the Valentine trilogy.
Valentine announces on the day of her marriage that she's not taking Gianluca's name?  Okay, sure lots of married people make that decision these days.  But, to not talk about it in advance? It just didn't make sense that these two would not communicate with each other.
That's pretty much how everything progressed in the book. I will read Adriani Trigiani's next book, but I will not be recommending this one to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment