Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Dogtripping: 25 Rescues, 11 Volunteers, and 3 RV's on a Canine Cross-Country Adventure by David Rosenfelt 278 pages



 
Just let me say, my dog loving friends, that you need to read this book!  You will be so jealous of the 11 volunteers who got to make this trip with the wise-cracking author David Rosenfelt. He even made the poop-scooping sound, well, maybe not like fun, but like something you would be willing to do.  I must confess, I am not normally a non-fiction reader.  I love Rosenfelt's ( may I call him David?) mystery series featuring Andy Carpenter, the attorney, dog-resucer, and philanthorpist. So, when I saw this book, I knew I had to read it.  You will enjoy reading about the planning, the road-trip itself, and how David and his wife acquired each and every dog who made the trip.  Just think of all the dog hair involved! Not to mention other logistics like food! You will find pictures of the trip and more information about David's Golden Retreiver Rescue group, the Tara Foundation, on his website.  He claims Tara is the best dog in the world.  Well, she may have been the best Golden, but my dog Max, a black lab, is the best dog in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment