Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

"The Watchman" by Robert Crais 292 pages



I am a new Robert Crais reader.   Notice I say reader and not fan.  The first Crais book I read was back in May and the book was "Suspect".  I loved, loved, loved this book!  Not just because it had a dog in it, ( I love dogs!), but also because it was an inspiring story and a thriller.  I have recommended "Suspect" to many a patron.  So, it was with great anticipation that I picked up "The Watchman."  Don't get me wrong, it was a good book. Not one I had to struggle through at all, it did not make me drowsy or bored.  It moved along at a good pace and the plot kept me guessing. Joe Pike does everything in his power to protect his assignment, a spoiled little rich girl who somone is trying to kill.  Is it a drug cartel or something more sinister? Are they after her because of something she witnessed, or are they trying to make a point with someone else? "The Watchman" was not as great as "Suspect."  However, I will definitely read another Crais book.  I guess it remains to be seen if he makes me a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment